When the following steps are applied in Word, the user will have direct access to their NetDocuments open and save menu via the Word Quick Access Toolbar. This means no more multiple clicks to open or save documents in Word!
Note: the same steps can also be applied to Excel and Powerpoint for quick saving.
Step 1: Open Word
- Go to File in Word > Options > Save and tick ‘Don’t show the Backstage when opening or saving files with keyboard shortcuts’ and click Ok.
- With Word still open, click the dropdown arrow in your Quick Access Toolbar located in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Select More Commands from the dropdown list.
- The following screen will appear. From the Popular Commands list on the left, find Open and Save As and add them to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar Panel on the right. Then click ok.
- Open and Save As Options should now appear in your Quick Access Toolbar in Word located in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- When the user clicks the Save As icon in the Quick Access Toolbar the user is taken directly to ndSave.
- Similarly, when the user clicks the Open icon in the Quick Access Toolbar the user is taken directly to their Recent Documents in NetDocuments.